Midweight designer, north Bristol
Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
At The Way we specialise in design, brand and interpretation for people and places. We’re fairly new as a business, but have an enviable international client list including national parks, heritage sites and global charities.
We work on brand and interpretation strategy and planning, wayfinding systems and exhibitions, mapping and illustration, marketing campaigns and brand communications in all media.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, thoughtful, all-round designer to join us at our studio in north Bristol. You should have a few years’ experience working in-house or agency side in a fast-paced studio, where you’ve gained proven experience in running projects end-to-end. Being both creative conceptually and able to develop and artwork your projects, you should have the confidence to take briefs and present to clients from concept stage through to managing delivery.
Experience and/or some knowledge of working in heritage interpretation, the public sector and museums and charities is a big plus. As is a love of the great outdoors, up to a point!
• A few years’ experience
• A great portfolio showing your creativity and breadth of project experience
• Conceptual thinker and problem solver
• High standards of execution and artwork
• Expert Abobe CC skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Responsibility for own projects and good time management
Good to have:
• Illustration skills – freehand and Mac
• Interpretation design
• 3D experience (exhibition or signage)
• Digital experience
• Content creation – interest in keeping up-to-date with the sector, copywriting for social media, website and email
• Print process knowledge
• 22 days’ holiday plus birthday and Christmas week off
• National Trust or English Heritage membership
• Flexible working hours
• CPD plus talks, conferences and courses
• Pension scheme on completion of probation
• Stroking the studio dog
We’re looking for someone who will help our business grow and create great work while keeping up with the day-to-day work and having a bit of fun in the process. Download the job spec here.
If this sounds like you, email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you fulfill our role requirements, plus your salary expectations. Please attach your CV and a PDF of your three best pieces of work.
Deadline for applications: 5 May, 2017. **EXTENDED DEADLINE**
No agencies. No typos. Thanks